Friday Field Trips
Each Friday we explore a different lake or river, and you're welcome to join us! For these special trips, we invite you to bring your own kayak (no charge) or rent one from us at a special Friday price. This year we are focusing on our new Pool 2 Mississippi Trips, with a few trips there throughout the season. We will have a Friday evening lake event once a month too. And lots of other fun outings planned!
To see where we are headed next, follow us on Facebook or check our Special Events page. You can also always contact us to see what's coming up. Pre-registration by email 48 hours ahead of time is required if you want to rent a kayak or are bringing your own and want to be part of a cooperative shuttle for river trips. Times and meeting locations will be posted about a week before the outing.
Here's a tentative list of places and dates for the 2023 season:
- May 5th-7th, Spring Kick-off and Full Moon Camp and Paddle, Lake Elmo Park reserve
- May 6th- Eagle Point Lake, Lake Elmo, Launch at noon.
-May 12th- Mini Dells Trip, Lion's Levee Park, St. Paul Park. Launch time 1 PM
- May 19th- Phalen Chain of Lakes, Launch from Spoon Lake at noon.
- May 26th- Crow River, Hannover to Dayton, 11 am Launch
- June 2nd-Lake Johanna Evening Paddle (Full Moon)
- June 9th- Mini Dells Trip, Lion's Levee Park, St. Paul Park. Launch time 1 PM
- June 16th- No trip this week
- June 23rd- Red Cedar River, Menomonie, WI.
- June 30th- Evening Paddle, TBA
- July 7th- Upper Kinni
- July 14th- Cannon River
- July 21st- Lake Minnewashta, Carver County
- July 28th, Cuyuna Mine Pit Lakes (entire weekend)
- August 4th, Lake Owasso, Shoreview. 6 pm
- August 11th, Lower Kinni (Experienced paddlers only)
- August 18th, Root River
- August 25th, Orchard Lake Beach, Lakeville. 6-8 PM
- September 1st- Evening Float on Mississippi
- September 8th, Duluth Trip, TBA
- September 15th- Grey Cloud Channel
- September 22nd-
- September 29th- St. Croix, Taylor's Falls to Osceola
-October 6-8- Fall Camp and Paddle Weekend, location TBD